Loaded with omega-3, as well as vitamins D and B12, this fish definitely should be folded into the soul food recipe box.
I like preparing salmon patties with a creamy dill sauce, as the sauce provides a nice tart taste to the meal. This is really great for lunch, or even a light dinner. They taste amazing and really good for you when prepared healthfully with the recipe I use.
Even if you don’t really like salmon, this dish will satisfy and may even change your opinion of this great fish. Enjoy!
- 2 (240 g) cans red salmon
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- kosher salt
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. If the mixture is too soft, add more oats. If the mixture is too dry add another egg white.
3. Shape into cakes.
4. Spray non-stick frying pan and cook until golden on each side.
5. These are delicious hot or cold.
And the Creamy Dill Sauce:
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill, or parsley
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, scallions, lemon juice, dill (or parsley) and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.